Monday, March 31, 2008

Today was my first day (in about six months) of being completely raw. It wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be... i just have to think a little bit more and use just a little bit more will power! Because i have a 3 1/2 year old son, things get a little crazy at times and I am finding that i need to keep more "prepared" foods on hand in the refridgerator. And, i'm trying to listen more to my body - If I think i should be eating a salad and i'm craving fruit, i'm going to have fruit! I want to make my body happy and maybe it will make me happy :) So, here is a rundown of what I actually ate today - the only thing i drank is water.

Breakfast: Grapefruit and the leftovers of my son's slice of watermelon.
Snack: 3 dried figs
Lunch: From Ani Phyo's book, I had the Italian Herb Collard Wrap: Large Collard Green leaves stuffed with sun dried tomatoes, red peppers, avacado, scallions, rosemary, oregano and a dill cheeze spread which consisted of Sunflower Seeds, Water, Lemon Juice, Dill and Garlic. These were so good! They would definitely be good when you are craving Italian Food or when everyone around you eats Italian
Snack: Strawberries with Cashew Cream (I know, i don't normally eat cashews, but i had this a few weeks ago and I've been craving it ever since... I'll try it with Mac's and Brazil's next time!)
Dinner: Salad of mixed greens, red peppers, sweet white onions, the rest of the avacado (the other half i used for the wraps), Sprouts and then i made a dressing from Ume Plum Vinegar, Bragg's Amino Acid Spray and Sesame Oil. I'm trying to get off the Bragg's completely, but It's in so many recipes!
And, as I type this, I'm eating a new concoction taken from a recipe in Raw Food Real World (i just borrowed this book from the library and it is a very nice book that would be great for when i entertain). It is Raw, Dried coconut flakes, vanilla, agave nectar, sprinkle of salt and some Coconut Oil. It reminded me of rice crispy treats, but just not as gooey. They were pretty good!

So, that was my first 100% raw day. I'm going to be making the Hawaiian BBQ Skewers tomorrow for dinner - these were awesome last time i made them. I'll start posting pictures of my meals as soon as I get the time to actually download some! I'm hoping to get some time this coming weekend.

Please feel free to post your raw food experiences, recipes, ideas, menu's, etc... it's always fun to share!

No comments: