Thursday, March 13, 2008

RAW FOODISTS?

Hello there. I'm new to this blogging thing, so please bear with me :) I live in the Syracuse, NY area and, if anyone else does then you know, it's hard to be a raw foodist in this area! There is 1 Natural Foods Store and there isn't a large selection of organic groceries. We do have a farmers market, but it's not so great in the winter. Winter in this area just stinks! So, I'm looking for any fellow raw foodists in this area or surrounding areas or just looking for some raw friends to share recipes with . I love raw foods and how they make me feel - energized, clean, clear, healthy, etc... I grew up wanting to only eat fruits and veggies but meats were literally forced down my throat. I didn't even care for bread until college... the bread at both Outback and Red Lobster got me hooked! So, now i'm experimenting with raw food recipes trying to find some good staples. My husband is not a raw foodist, but he is 100% behind me and very supportive and does try everything i make - he's not a huge fan of nuts, so that is a difficulty when i try to make deserts. I don't care for the consistency of Young Coconut Flesh and Young Coconut Water mixed/blended... that's a basis for a lot of raw treats and smoothies. So, if anyone would like to contact me, please feel free. If your in the Syracuse area, please let me know! Good luck on your raw food journey - I know i'm enjoying it!

No comments: