Thursday, April 10, 2008

I DON'T KNOW WHAT DAY IT IS

Sorry i haven't posted in a while - life has been crazy! Since my "one pinch full" of cheese on one of my last blogs, i've been 100% raw and i'm feeling great. I haven't weighed myself yet - i'm too afraid too! I've been feeling great and I don't want the scale to ruin that for me! Oh, you know what? I am not 100% raw because i began taking my Goji Juice again. I remembered how great i felt while taking this so i figured i'd give it a try while i'm raw. So, that's the only non-raw item i've drank/eaten. Again, i feel great! I feel healthier and my brain is clearer! I also feel like i've lost weight, but again, i don't want to disappoint myself if I haven't. I haven't really been hungry the past 2 days, so i'm taking advantage of that - that's my "side effect" from taking the Goji. Most people notice an improvement with their allergies or whatever might ail them... me? I don't want anything sweet and i eat very small quantities. I'm not sure why it has this effect on me, but i'm not arguing :)

So, I've been thinking about a lot of things in life... for instance, i'm changing my family over to Sigg Swiss bottles instead of drinking out of plastic water bottles. I know this is an important change for us - we don't buy many bottles, but we do re-use them all the time! I just never really knew how bad they are for you! I've also been thinking... it's okay for us as humans to kill animals and eat them but if a human is attacked by an animal, that animal is shot and killed! It's just kinda funny to think about. It's always bothered me that we eat meat (of any kind), but as a child, i was forced to eat it and i grew up thinking that's what i had to do! Once i moved out on my own, i changed my eating habits and was pretty much a vegetarian (with the exception of fish and sometimes an Egg & Cheese Sandwhich). I just preferred to eat fruits and veggies! It bothers me that i see packaged meats go bad in the grocery store - those animals died for no reason at all... These are just some thoughts that I've been having lately. Once i started eating this way, i've realized that i don't actually like the taste of meats or fish or pasta, but the sauce that goes on those things. Those sauces i can generally imitate with raw foods. I don't miss cooked foods at all. This Saturday my husband and I are going to a comedy show for his birthday and we're going out to dinner before hand. We're going to a Thai Restaurant because Thai food seems to be the only cooked food that doesn't bother my stomach. So, i'll probably have cooked veggies in a curry sauce - that's always what i have when i have Thai. So, it will be cooked, but it will still be vegetarian - possibly even vegan.

Anyway, i won't bore you with what i ate anymore ;) Unless i make something truly wonderful and I happen to take a photo of it! I have a million recipes that i need/want to try out but i haven't had time to write out my weekly food/meal plan/list. I decided that this would help me to stay more on track with my weight loss efforts. Hopefully i'll be 10 pounds thinner in a month :) I'm optimistic!

Have a great day!!!!

No comments: