Thursday, April 17, 2008

GREENS

So, in an attempt to actually lose the weight that i desperately want and need to lose (about 20 pounds will help!), i've started drinking a green drink for breakfast and lunch. I've been doing this for almost a week now - i started last Friday. Now, i'm not sure what i'm doing wrong, but these drinks taste nasty! It was recommended that i start to take Wheat Grass, Spirulina and any sea veggies... so, i bought myself a greens powder and some Wheat Grass that is Fresh Frozen into cubes... I've been drinking that mixed with about 5 stalks of kale, one apple, 1/2 a head of celery and a lemon. It doesn't taste that great, so any suggestions would be really, really helpful! I'm trying to keep an optimistic outlook on this... we'll see how it goes :)

I created this Thai dish tonight that was really good - and really simple. I took matchstick carrots, beansprouts, tomatoes (diced), mint leaves (chopped), basil (chopped), green onions... i put that all in a bowl. In another bowl, i blended some Red Curry Paste (again, not sure if this is raw, but i cannot find the ingredients that go into this!), sesame oil, cilantro, Almond Butter, 1 lime, salt & some Adzuki Bean Miso (not necessary, but it gives it a good flavor)... i just blended that until it was smooth and blended together. I poured over the veggies and topped with some pumpkin seeds. It was very good.

I also made my first batch of Ice Cream this past week. I also made my 2nd batch since i ate all of the first batch in less than 2 days ;) The first was Vanilla. I made some almond milk and then added agave and vanilla extract. I put it in the ice cream maker until it was cold and smooth (about 45 minutes). Yummy! Then, i made Strawberry Ice Cream... same way but without the vanilla extract and i threw a full tub of strawberries into the blender. It took a little while longer in the ice cream maker, but it was well worth it.

I also made my first Chocolate pudding! I was actually quite surprised because it used Avacado's - I love them so much that i find it hard to use them for anything other than Guacamole or just diced up in Salads or by themselves... I had 1/2 an avacado left over so i decided to brave it and attempt a pudding. I blended up the 1/2 of avacado with some Agave and some Carob powder. HOLY COW! It actually tasted like real chocolate pudding! I was thoroughly surprised!

So, that's about it for my week. I'll post pictures of my Thai concoction as soon as I upload my photo's...

No comments: