Tuesday, December 1, 2009

SYRACUSE RAW

So, I've become the Organizer for a local raw group - www.meetup.com/syracuseraw We have had our first meeting/potluck and Don and Carmella from The Sunny Raw Kitchen were nice enough to come and spend the day with me at my home and then accompany me to our first "meetup". While spending the day with Don and Carmella, I learned how to make home made Raw Kombucha! Such great knowledge to have! I am comtemplating offering a "how to" class for Kombucha making! As soon as I perfect it!

We had about 15 members at our first meeting - I was pleased with this turnout. We had a lot of raw goodies. I made Raw Goddess Kale Chips, Pumpkin Squares and a Bruschetta Pasta Salad. We also had a nice Watermelon Gazpacho, Rich and Gooey Fudge Brownies, Apple Avocado Salsa w/ veggies, Red Beet Salad, Beet/Apple/Carrot Pie (honestly, I have to figure out a better name for this because it was absolutely delicious!!!), Onion Bread and more!!! Everything was delicious and the raw company was fabulous!

Since this meeting, I had the opportunity to attend a get together with Matt Monarch and Angela Stokes-Monarch. I was so motivated! These 2 wonderful people just exude love and kindness and warmth. I was just so motivated and moved by both of them. I was also able to meet a few wonderful people - including the owner of the Turquoise Barn, the owners of Good Stuff by Mom and Me, a wonderful raw chiropractor and the 2 people who put on this wonderful event! What a great day! I was so "high" on the peace that I felt when I left this wonderful event! I highly suggest it if Matt and Angela are in your area - or any other raw speakers.

We are having our next raw potluck/"veg-out" this coming Sunday, December 6th from 4-6 at Speedy Greens in Cicero, NY from 4-6. Stop by, we'd love to see you!!!


No comments: