Monday, December 7, 2009

Holiday Potluck

Last night was our very first holiday potluck. I thought it was a huge success! It was held at Speedy Greens - this is a holistic center w/ small dining area in Cicero, NY. There were 15 people in attendance - Cherrie, Diane, Kelsea, Joe, Marci, Dawn, Tanja, Betsy, Cathy, Brandon, Whitney, Cathy and her husband (I apologize, I forgot his name already!!!), Terry and Myself. If I'm forgetting someone, it's because they didn't sign in... sorry!

We had some wonderful savory dishes - Not-Tuna Pate on romaine wraps, home made salsa (which, is always one of my favorites!), Chicken Patties, a beet casserole, Carrot Juice, and my Asian Noodles. I know that Cathy and her husband made the Chicken Patties and Kelsea made the Not-Tuna and Salsa. I believe that Cherrie made the beet dish. Cathy is now making and selling germinated and dehydrated seasoned sunflower seeds - they were really, really good and she was nice enough to send home some leftovers with me :) Thank you, Cathy! Oh, and I believe it was Dawn who brought the Kale Salad. If I'm leaving out a savory, dish, I apologize.

As always, the desserts stole the show. Thank you to Marci for bringing with her a delicious Avocado Chocolate Raspberry Pie. I personally don't enjoy a lot of raw crusts, but I do enjoy a good Avocado Chocolate Mousse. Yum! I also brought with me 2 Pecan Bars and 2 Fig Bars that I had purchased from the girls at Good Stuff by Mom & Me. Everyone seemed to like them... remember, if you liked them, please request them at Nature Tyme or the Food Co-op or any of the Vegan restaurants. The owners, Claire and Tanya are super nice!!! What else did we have for dessert??? Hmmmm Oh, I made Matthew Kenney's Chocolate Hazlenut Torte, but I omitted the Hazlenut part :) Nothing against Hazlenut, but the extract is so expensive! There were Mint Chocolate Truffle Balls, Cookies, Coconut Truffles, Coconut Chocolate Truffles, Fresh fruit and berries, nuts, seeds... wow! Lot's of wonderful and exciting dishes and they were all super!

Thank you all for coming and for bringing your delicious snacks and treats! I can't wait until February!

No comments: